Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The 10 elements of Journalism

The ten elements of journalism are a lot more complicated than I thought. To be frank, I never even knew there were 10 elements to journalism. I mean I knew that journalism must've had rules of some sort. Of course, there would be because, without rules, I'm guessing the news would be in a shambles.

When we first learned about these, there were a couple I thought I wouldn't see on there: It was Forum and Watchdog. Forum is where you're getting feedback from the people and citizens themselves. Of course, I kind of knew why it would be relevant and that's because it's important to get a public opinion because that's what the news is for, for the people.

Now when Watchdog came along, I had no clue what the heck it was until Mr. Miller told us about it. It's a little cool to know that one of the biggest helpers in help keeping check with those in power is news organizations. They're like judges, but not legally or by law. I mean CBS can't court-martial me if I was a foreign spy. They're more like Lighthouses, showing us who's been abusing their power and who's the best choice for president, or who's got the best background and skills.

Nowadays, not very many organizations follow most of the ten elements of journalism. Probably because it can be hard to forget one of the elements. But it's important for a journalist to follow these elements. Journalism isn't just a job, but a duty to the country as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment