Saturday, September 15, 2018

Business Conglomerates

To be honest, I never really knew what a Business conglomerate was until we learned it in class. It's kind of cool learning about how the business conglomeration process works.

First of all, from a film perspective, I always thought a business conglomeration was when one movie company would pair up with another, like Paramount and Warner Brothers, or in video games like Havok and Bungie, or in technology like Apple and Microsoft. But those are called Partnership, which I didn't realize up until now and surprised me a little.

From what I learned, I learned that Conglomerates are actually when companies will buy out another, like a company within a company. An example would be something like Nestle, who owns all sorts of businesses like water distribution, candy distribution I'm pretty sure they do box dinners, but you get the idea.

Importantly, I also know that between a populist and elitist distribution company- the two main "binary models" -, business conglomerates push for populist because they're already making money and want to make more. 

Finally, and can now say that I know the difference between a partnership and business conglomerates because at first, they can be confusing. And they're pretty interesting to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment