Thursday, November 1, 2018

News Critique - REALLY long weather Forecast on WLKY

I get that during that during a thunderstorm of almost any kind, it needs to be documented so the people can be informed. And we should get an update every now and then on a channel so we're up to date. But on Halloween, when a severe storm came in, it took up almost ten minutes to tell us about the weather.
Safety is a primary concern, but WLKY was taking up all the important stuff, like what's happening in Politics or everything going on in economics, etc. Most of our local stories were eaten up by how much time the weather forecast of what would be a ten-minute storm that didn't cause a lot of damage to anything.
I'm not trying to be like "oh, well WLKY isn't good about keeping up with their stories and only cares about the weather." OF course, I'd never say that. Though I'm getting the impression that WLKY doesn't always pick the best headlines for their channels, like on their website that Mr. Miller said, literally about the thieves being stuck in an elevator. Of course, I'd wish I'd had some proof of how long that forecast was, but I will provide a link to the thieves in elevator story.

www.wlky.com/news/thieves-stuck-in-elevator/35366948

No comments:

Post a Comment