Sunday, October 28, 2018

WLKY's Diversity in News

The News channel, WLKY, the one I'm following, has a bland taste that doesn't seem to change when it comes to there stories. The structure of their 6:00 o' clock news starts out with a top story, then goes on to smaller local stories or national stories, and the to local sports.

I found this funny the other day when they broadcasted the whole Kroger Shooting, but nothing about the Khashoggi incident in Saudi Arabia. What the heck DUDE! I get the Kroger Shooting was huge news, and I mean HUGE. But to discard an international story of a missing renowned Washington Post Author and replace our local stories.

Maybe I'm wrong, and earlier in the day they did do something with the Khashoggi story. But I think it's strange to put all these other stories and not include the top most important stories. I guess that's how WLKY does it. Maybe I'm being too critical about this, but I still have a funny feeling why they wouldn't at least sneak a couple of other national stories.     

No comments:

Post a Comment